Extreme heat, lack of water and the harshest
desert environments known to man
- Risk of sand storms and high winds
- Maintaining camel health and staying on schedule
- Trekking on shifting and unforgiving sands
- Negotiating gravel plains and brackish salt flats
The expedition kit list will be kept as minimal as possible to mirror the original expedition equipment used by Thesiger in the 1940s.
- Hunting rifle
- Basic provisions (food and water)
- Basic medical and emergency supplies
Seven male ‘trainer’ camels have been selected for the expedition and are currently undergoing a rigorous training regime. Although not renowned for their speed, ‘trainer’ camels are extremely strong and best suited for endurance-related activity.